We stand with Ukraine
Change language ⋅ Sprache wechseln ⋅ Змінити мову ⋅ Изменить язык
What we‘re doing to help
Free German courses for refugees from Ukraine
One of the first steps to living in Germany is learning the language. This is why we are offering free Introductory German Courses for refugees from Ukraine.
We previously offered Introductory German Courses to refugees from Syria and other countries before they had access to German integration courses, so we know what you need during your first weeks in Germany.
What you will learn:
- Communicating in everyday situations, like buying a train ticket.
- Writing down your contact information and filling out basic forms.
- Holding simple conversations in German.
What is included:
- German courses, taught by a fantastic team of volunteer teachers.
- Textbooks specifically made for introductory German courses.
Who can take part:
- People over the age of 14 who had to flee Ukraine, regardless of their passport’s country of origin.
How to sign up:
- Come to our school in Düsseldorf between 14:00 and 16:00 or our school in Essen between 15:00 and 17:00 from Monday to Friday.
- Please bring your passport or ID card with you.
- Our team speaks Ukrainian or Russian, so you don’t need to bring a translator.